Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Monday, August 18, 2008

Quebec City August 15-16

What a great weekend! My heels are miserable but I'm happy! I only own summer "flip flops", hiking boots, a few pair of dressier sandals with heels and my favourite Mary Jane Earth Shoes that were getting worn out. I decided to buy some cute chocolate coloured Skechers Mary Janes and went to Naturalizer and got some nice pumps for the trip but kind of forgot that new shoes are not to be worn for long periods of time especially when feet get warm and "swollen" from walking up and down steep streets! Ouch! Blisters before the end of the first evening! I almost broke into a Crocs store at 11 pm at night just to get out of my shoes. The streets were clean enough for me to walk around barefoot for a while! So the blisters are healing. I didn't think about all the hills to climb up and down from our hotel to the theatre, up to the Citadelle, etc..
Never again will I wear heels to go out for an evening and even new Skechers are hard to break in! Yes, silly, silly girl... My sister is getting married in QCity in the same area we were in, in October. I am picking my shoes very carefully!
Here are some highlights and photos from our trip that my sister K organised for us. Herself, my grandmother, parents and other siblings covered all the expenses for the weekend. Thank you again! It was wonderful! http://picasaweb.google.com/ludwigsix/QuebecCityLesMisRables?authkey=y90HJOO81U4 While we were away my parents put on their super grandparents costumes and took the boys to the beach, the Children's Museum, Imax (the older 2 boys) and the Agriculture Farm & museum. Wow! They weren't even out of energy... or so I think! :-)

3 comments:

  1. looks like lots of fun!
    my parents are going there in october. anything you recommend checking out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Reuben!
    For sure just walking around the Old Quebec is great! There is always something going on. Walking the boardwalk and going up to the Citadelle are amazing. Taking the ferry (traversier) across in the evening is awesome because on the ride back you get to see the city's lights! Making the drive to the Montmorency Falls and Ste Anne-de-Beaupré is quite memorable too! So much to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!!! I'm glad you had fun. We were on holidaysa too, that is why I have not talked to you. Miss you.
    Love, Norma.

    ReplyDelete