Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Change of pace...kind of...


So I thought that sending my oldest two to school, teaching two mornings a week and having the rest of the time with my younger two is how things would work this fall. It`s nuts! I am glad my oldest two are in school with all of the renovations we are doing...we`d never get anything done!
I had never realised what being a taxi-mom really meant. Driving to the school and back 4 times a day and 4 days a week is a bit nuts! Getting the boys there on time is next to impossible...we rush in with 4 minutes to spare and that`s even after leaving the house at least 35 minutes beforehand. Traffic is pretty crazy that time of day. :(  Then picking them up is pretty nuts too with making sure they all have their outdoor shoes on, the backpack, lunch bag, etc...I have gotten to the point that they need to get themselves together and then we go. They can carry their own stuff since I have their two wild and crazy brothers to manage too. Wow! And I thought homeschooling was a bit nuts. The teaching is interesting since it is something I have never done before...not the teaching but teaching 5 grades and all at different levels. It is quite something every time and I never know if what I have prepared will actually fly or flop. For the most part we have supportive parents which makes a big difference in the children outlook on French. Of course it is not the favourite subject since it requires a good deal of concentration and effort but I try to make it as fun as possible. My younger two have decided that they don`t really mind that their books are barely touched. They now think that being home isn`t school and cannot wait till they get to go too. :-)

With little to no heat, very little water (very low pressure), hole where the chimney used to be, a big hole in the living room where the fireplace used to be, dust and dirt everywhere (and dog hair), a downstairs bathroom that needs a serious renovation...not much school related is happening right now anyway. Last night I had socks, pjs and a sweater on with two comforters and a fleece blanket and I was still kind of cold...Country living is quite something. My life has sure changed in the last few months and I am working on thinking for the better...but it`s still in the works....So, here`s praying that by Christmas we will have a warm and crackling fire in our new fireplace and that there will be some water, hot water for showers, laundry and dishes again...My friends sure laughed when I told them I had spent the other day going around the house in wooly socks with my rubber boots on. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment