Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Update...

Just spent the last week feeling very itchy and stressed. While trying to get ready for teaching in a classroom again, getting my boys things all ready, setting up babysitting for my younger two while I teach....somehow I got a bad rash all over the side of my face, legs, chest, back of my legs...It started with what I thought was a mosquito bite on my leg that just kept growing and getting itchier and itchier. I cannot remember how it spread but it did. Our dog loves to just run through the woods when we go for walks in our back yard. She would have run all over poison ivy. I don't know when it happened or how I ended up with a bad reaction but it sure flared up this past week and it is like having chicken pox for over a week. No amount of calamine, etc...has really helped. 
I am ready for school, as much as I can be teaching 5 different grades all at once with some knowing how to read and some who don't, some who have a couple of years of French, some who have never taken any at all. It will be quite an exciting challenge. Will take it one month at a time.
Scratch, no CAN'T...so annoying to have 'mosquito' bites that don't settle down.
We are also trying to get things set up for a big bathroom (our main floor one) and front entrance renovation plus a full fireplace and mantle reno too (it's completely shot and all needs to come out asap).
We finally have a new computer so I can get all of my school material in order and save documents instead of doing it all by hand.
Edward is hoping to take his first week off this summer to catch up on things and to just get a breather. He has been so overworked and it just is not slowing down.
I will post photos of the boys in their uniforms soon. They look pretty sharp and are really looking forward to starting. :-) School is starting a week late since the classrooms we are renting needed painting and new carpet which will take a few days. The first day of school is September 12th with school from 8:30-3pm and no school on Fridays so it can be for field trips and other extra-curricular outings. I am most likely going to have my boys doing swimming lessons on Friday afternoons so they can keep that up this year again.
No scratching! Sigh...I hope it goes away soon!
We finally net our neighbour yesterday. Seems like a very nice lady. We will have to meet her husband sometime soon.
My newest nephew Timothy Cornelis Ludwig is being baptised today and my little niece Clara Elizabeth Gretillat is already turning one this week! Wow!
So,that's what's been going on around here!

1 comment:

  1. Sara,
    So sorry about your discomfort. It sounds miserable. I have been thinking and praying about the beginning of the school year. Try and find time to post about it. i am eager to read.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete