Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Changes...

So as some of you know our church community has been working for the last 4 years (especially the board members and various committees) towards opening a Reformed Christian Education Elementary School in Ottawa. The name of the school is Ambassadors Christian School (ACS) and is open to all families who want their children taught in a Christian school with a Reformed  Education approach to teaching Bible and all other subjects.  We had never planned to send our boys since homeschooling has been a part of our family for the last 4 1/2 years and it was going well. My husband has been on the board from day one and we are members of the school society. 3 or 4 weeks ago I was approached and asked if I would be interested in considering taking on teaching French at ACS two days a week in an official paid position. The only way for us to make it work was for us to give it some serious thought and consider sending our oldest two sons Jürgen and Mathias. Our son Thomas would go next year and our son Johan the following. I was excited my the idea that our pastor would be teaching Church History and that choir and Art would also be taught. We really like and trust the teacher that has been hired to teach all other subjects and will be the main teacher at ACS. I was officially offered the position last night and have accepted. Jürgen and Mathias will also be attending ACS in September. I had already bought the uniforms, supplies, lunch boxes, etc...since that could all be either returned or put to good use at home. We bought their shoes today and it only took 20 minutes to pick out a total of 6 pairs of shoes. Now I need to get cracking on my planning. I just finished planning a two week rotation for our weekly dinners so that will help with our more structured days. I have already booked their piano lessons for the fall and just need to get their swimming lessons figured out. Oh I forgot to mention that there will be school from Monday-Thursday 8:30-3pm so they can do skating, swimming, etc... on Fridays. I have my first day of teaching French close to ready but need to get my first few weeks together asap. I will be teaching 8 children grades 1-5 with varying French levels. I am thankful for this opportunity and know that God alone is in control since a few months back I could have never planned it to all got this way. I have even found someone to purchase from me the material I had originally bought to homeschool this fall. It's all coming together...One part of my decision too was that a French teacher was needed, I knew I could do it and felt selfish otherwise not sharing my knowledge with others in my church community and with others children. I feel blessed that this is happening since I can give and others can give and be a blessing to the children God has placed in our care. And the uniforms look awesome and are perfect for busy active children! So...for some of you that remember my New Year's Eve story that started with fireworks...I knew 2011 was going to be quite a year...A new house, new job/promotion for Edward, a dog and now teaching again and saying goodbye to homeschooling 2 of my sons. I am so thankful for the teachers they will have the chance to be blessed by and hopefully my boys will be a blessing to others too. So...that's my huge news. :-) And no baby on the way...I would have to quit teaching and most likely be on bedrest for the last few months..We got a female yellow lab to keep our family happy and it's kind of like having a new baby anyway. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations with your teaching job. The children will love you! God has blessed you with the ablility to teach french and I am glad that you are able to share it with others (there are few that can do this). Hope your boys enjoy going to school and interacting with other kids. Take care and all the best with final preparations.

    ReplyDelete