Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Au Naturel

Bye, bye dishes, laundry, bathing children, washing my hair, cleaning bathrooms!  No, I can't really do that.  Stop eating and just drink smoothies everyday and stay home any never eat any food prepared by others?  No, I can't really do that either.   I would have lovely, healthy and not dry and itchy hands if I gave up the first thing.  I'd feel healthy and vibrant if I gave up the second.  I have finally found a cream that works for my hands and most likely some cleaning products that won't destroy my skin.  
I feel really good if I stay away from any meat except fish.  If I don't eat any refined sugar or flour, I'm great.  If I eat meat, desserts, as in anything made with flour or sugar...and breads or cereal...I get very unpleasant stomach aches or headaches from the sugar. I now drink coffee with only a tiny bit of cream and have no interest in desserts or meat.  It's been at least 7 months of not feeling so good and I'm pretty sure I've nailed it down.  I can still leave the house but it means very small portions of any of the 'culprits' or skipping some things completely.  I've never had a sweet tooth and I'm not in to baking so that does make it easier in that department.  We have meat once a week and I LOVE tofu, beans and legumes and so does my family, so we're set there.  Looks like we are going to be eating  a lot of Southern Indian dishes this fall and winter which my husband and boys already enjoy.  Should be good for some renewed vitality without the refined sugar & flour in my diet.  I don't even need to get tested.  Last night I had  a medium plate of rice with a mango, coconut sauce with tofu and mango mixed in.  I had no dessert that day and I went to bed feeling great and woke up feeling good too.  I love green tea and a medium roast coffee so those are my treats during the day.  I also love fresh fruit and yogurts with a little bran (that's fine) so that's breakfast covered. I also love nuts so that's good too.  I just love eating most things au naturel or not at all.  Just some healthy living that makes sense for my body.   

No comments:

Post a Comment