Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Dental Surgery

I was very nervous before my gum grafting procedure on Thursday afternoon, but I shouldn't have worried at all. My dentist was awesome. She was so attentive to details (like letting me close my mouth and take a break, etc... and I got to watch the Olympics during the whole procedure). She was very good but I had to promise not to move if Canada won another gold medal. I was feeling cold and a little shaken up when I got home and was quite hungry. My mouth needed time to "de-freeze" and then the aches set in. Thank you Advil. I was sore when I drank something cold so I warmed everything up. I've gotten lots of sleep (way more than when I was pregnant or had a newborn and needed the rest) and have a husband who loves to cook. So, he fed the boys & I made my meal smoothies and other blender meals . I've been on liquids for 4 days now. My bandages still haven't come off so I'm still hoping things will be okay when that happens. I could hardly believe it but my dentist called yesterday to ask how things were going. It's so nice to have a great dentist, good coverage and all just down the street. A true blessing. I have a post-surgery dental appointment next week so I'll see how it's going. Lots can happen over the next few days and I still need to take things slow but it's been tricky to remember to take it easy, to not do too much, since I am like Martha (from the Bible) but with my hands tied. :-) I had try to remember today not to cheer loudly when Team Canada won gold since I might hurt my mouth or damage my stitches. I just held a flag and waved it like crazy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are doing well. Take it easy and lety yoursel be pampered foa a little. It is a forced time to rest. enjoy it! Hope you are doing better . Love you, Norma

    ReplyDelete