Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Shopping

Is it just me or have some other people noticed this. Whenever I go to the grocery store(Superstore, Loblaws, IGA... Aylmer or Ottawa) day or evening, the cashier very (not the last 4 times I've been) rarely says hello, even after I initiate it! If there happens to be another employee close by, she spends her time chatting with her about their next break, end of shift, whatever. If the cashier is male he is polite and friendly. None of them remember that it's a bad idea to put cans on top of the bread and the produce and raw meat should not go in the same bag. Sigh... When I go clothes shopping it depends on the store. A particular store called R...mans has dropped all hellos, may I help you, can I start a changing room for you and vacuums around me and counts their money even when the store won't be closing for 45 minutes! Ricki's is the place to shop for service or at least a smile. That is now my favourite store to shop at and the quality of the clothes is nice and the prices are great. Everyone's store has music that gives me a headache. There is a time for loud music... but when shopping it can be a little stressful. Okay so that was my "rant". It's just that after a day in a busy and quite loud home it is nice to go out and be greeted with a smile and a hello just once in a while. Thankfully I always get a nice greeting from my husband when I come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment