Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Can you keep a secret?

Shhh...Don't tell okay?  I have a confession to make. I used to think it was such a terrible thing when I heard other moms say they could not wait for their kids to start school again. I would hear that little song on the radio: `It`s the most wonderful time of the year...` and thought it was aweful.
Well...here`s my secret:`I cannot wait for my boys to go back to school and they cannot either. It is almost like they are being homeschooled since I drive them to school, volunteer every Monday morning and teach them French every day. We see each other every day and they spend the whole day in the same room as their brothers.
It is the getting up, getting dressed and the regular routine that is the best for all of us. With homeschooling it was hard to get going. It was hard to be their mom and their teacher at the same time. It was hard to be a mom home with 4 boys everyday. It has been good for them to have other teachers and to be around girls and other boys and interact with them. They have had to behave better with others and be extra respectful with adults and not so casual.  It was a good first year and I cannot wait till we get going again.  Promise not to tell okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment