Between driving, teaching and trying to keep everyone's schedules in order we found a Christmas tree in our back yard, I got to decorate it (almost alone) the Christmas cards went out, we had a Christmas program, piano recital, I got to hang out with some lovely ladies at a ladies evening and sing my heart out on classic carols♥ and just relax and laugh (which feels so good). Doing my first baking exchange was fun except that there isn't much baking left already.
Since this was our first Christmas tree I have been picking up extra decorations here and there that I like from different stores. Photos of some of these moments were taken but just haven't left my camera to relocate on to my computer. Somehow, sometimes photos don't always capture the moments the right way and sometimes I have photos taken by others but they don't capture my memories of events so I have to pick the photos carefully and be sure they are just right for the moments.
As of Friday 5pm we are all on Christmas break. Our schedule is pretty busy but it's all good family time kind-of-busy. Those moments hugging my 4 week old nephew or kicking back with my siblings or getting some good hugs from cousins and other relatives, chatting up a storm with my 5 1/2 niece whom I can never get tired of hearing her call me "Aunt Sara" (which I get this year for at least 3 days and at our house). I am promising to relax, take everything one moment at a time and just plain have a good time at least I'll do my best.
I would love to see a pic of your tree, if you get a chance. We haven't ever been able to find a tree in the forest that is full enough.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!