Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Friday, June 3, 2011

♥Learning together with Love♥

To put it very matter-of-factly...I did not like school and I am not sure school liked me either.  In a class of over 15 children in a school of 60 children, all francophone, in a small town where most of the families were related somehow and so many of the families were Catholic except the families at my school (mainly Baptist) it was hard to put my hand up and ask questions or when the teacher asked: " Does everyone understand?" to be the only one to say.."Actually no I don't". I didn't struggle but I was a chatterbox, a day-dreamer and I loved being around others. Focusing on my school work wasn't easy.
So my second-born's classroom is very different yet he is very much like his mother.  He'd rather be out side doing something and learn that way than to read a book to learn it or listen to instructions.  I love books but not usually the ones I had to read for an assignment.  I love just sitting back and watching people or learning how to do something from them/with them.  I love babies (like my son) and little children but just hanging out with them when I don't have to and just be around them...That's so much like my son who doesn't like having to do school work when there is so much else going on, so many people to talk to, interact with or simply observe.  There are so many interesting things to do beyond those things you have to do.
So, to have a son so much like me can be tricky since we have many of the same strengths and weaknesses.
He is amazing me though and I thank God for the way he is blessing my son.  He will get upset easily or overwhelmed...and I do too...(trying to be humble) because I want him to succeed, do well...and get things done.  But he takes his time, asks what's for lunch, how many pages, can I go biking when I'm done...still no school work done...But he has the sweetest, kindest spirit and doesn't want to hurt others.  So I try to remain patient knowing he isn't trying to be defiant and does want to do his work...His mother just needs to be patient...and we always do get there. I have to learn to see it God's way...love my son, cherish my son for who he is, nudge him only ever so gently...keep forgiving and asking for forgiveness and watch him blossom and grow...in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment