Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Before and after purging-decluttering my closet...


The BEFORE shots






I now have 2 bags of clothes to give away. They are all still in very good shape.  The ones that weren't got thrown out.  I also have all the boys clothes done too.  In a few weeks once the winter gear needs to be put away I'll go through their boots and shoes too.  SO, above are the before shots.  I took almost everything out of my side of the closet which also included overnight bags, summer clothes, snow pants, scarves, purses, and even costumes AND a balloon from my 9 year old's 8th birthday etc... and put in on the bed (yes under all those things is a bed). That's what you get with a closet whose doors only slide (walk-in closet some day)...it's a very dark corner. The two bottom -right shelves of the armoire hold my pants, tops and pjs.
It took two hours of sorting, trying on, cleaning...I did throw out older t-shirts, pijs, purses etc. I had done this last year with all my maternity and postpartum clothes already so it was pretty straight forward.
Here are the AFTER shots:

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I'm sure it feels even better :)I need to do that too, just need to find the motivation!
    - Angela

    ReplyDelete