8 years ago my Opa passed away this day...
8 years later I have a healthy, strong and handsome 9 year old...
8 years later my father received the Military's Order of Merit at Rideau Hall...
8 years later life has gone on...but I still wish my Opa had met my boys and had seen his son serve so faithfully as a Chaplain and humbly receive his award but my Opa is with the Lord which is much better than anything else happening today.
We had a get together on Sunday with my Ouwersloot family and looked at old slides. I was thinking the same thing about my Opa. Seeing old pictures of him brought back lots of memories. I am so thankful that I grew up knowing all four of my grandparents (and I still have my Oma Ouwersloot). I hope my children will be just as blessed!
ReplyDelete-Angela