Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Mirielle's Leek Broth 'detox'...

Having a very sore throat and an achy body was the perfect time to try Mirieille's leek broth for a couple of days.  I had such a sore throat and didn't have that much appetite anyway and have been eyeing her detox for a while.  I had 2 lbs of leek in the house too. 
I cooked up the leeks in water for 30min...then the plan is for the next two days (I started yesterday at 10am) I would only drink water, sit the leek broth every 2-3 hours and when hungry each half a cup of cooked leeks with lemon juice drizzled on top.  I did 'cheat' yesterday and had half a cucumber and a vine ripened tomato (a bit bigger than a golf ball) too.  I've also been drinking lemon water for my throat.
I woke this morning with a killer headache but my sore throat is gone.  I am feeling sluggish and low on energy as is expected.  My boys are kind of oblivious to it so they keep needing things every few minutes.
I'll have to bring along a water bottlle for the errands I need to run today and hope I can stick it out till breakfast tomorrow morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment