Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thinking out loud...

I am a very task-oriented person who loves people but also struggles with taking the time for others, especially as I watch a dust bunny roll by. What is more important at that moment? A hug for my son or the dirt on the floor that will be carried down to the basement carpet. To have a good balance and to humbly realise that that is where my biggest struggles are. I am not a perfectionist or a neat-freak but I worry that if my house is a mess, what does that say about me? If I am not on time somewhere, what would that say about me? I worry too often about what others think and not just serving Christ and others in love. I can sometimes more often identigy with Martha than with Mary but I am learning that the Lord needs me to work on my Mary side since Martha is often too present in my life. I've been told it's a first-born thing... But to be less of a first-born makes me feel 'not myself'... So to simply love & live for Christ everyday is enough of a challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment