What are others using? Any to recommend? Preferences? My favourite photos to take are of nature & close up portraits (mainly individual).
I'm staying in the $600-$700 before accessories (new bag, memory card, etc...) I was looking at this baby (Nikon D-3000) and I still have yet to go and hold one since I know that will make a big difference too.
I have a Canon SLR, but if I had to do it over again, I think that I would buy a Nikon. All the best with your shopping. I just love the way the Nikon takes pictures (don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Canon, but....)
ReplyDeleteHi Sara, just catching up on your blog. Lilly has been teething and so she has been very clingy and cranky, understandable so. That leaves me little time to read blogs and check email :)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, Jeff is really more knowledgeable about cameras than I am as he did weeks of research before he bought our Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi. From what I understand though, it is really the lenses that make the biggest difference. So buy the camera that you like the menus and set up any layout the best and then buy a quality lens or two. We have a zoom lens and a 50mm as well that is better for indoor shots. It really doesn't matter between Nikon or Canon, they are the same quality, people just love on and hate the other. If you really care, the Nikon has a nicer sounding shutter sound when taking a picture. Alanna calls it "buttery" and Jeff agrees :) (Alanna just bought the Nikon D90)
We both bought them used off used ottawa.
And as for video Cameras, we got a Panasonic SDR-S26 for Christmas this year. It is great, we love it! But it does not record in HD so we will probably upgrade in a few years. I love that it is so small, I can put it in my diaper bag and it is real easy to use. Hope this helped....
Kate xox