Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Day # 3

It started great but ended 5 minutes later since my youngest two were fighting and then wanted help going to the bathroom. I had asked the boys to keep busy for 20min. I had made breakfast, done school work with them all morning and then they all got haircuts (yes, I did them) and then I did some laundry and made lunch. I skipped lunch so I could have it after my workout. The boys were to sit & eat lunch so I could have 20min alone to get my much-needed boost of energy. Unfortunately it's impossible to get back into this workout after a 10 min interruption... I tried 35 crunches later on and some bicycle crunches too but they kept being interrupted. I thought that maybe instead of a workout by now I needed a work-in. So, I got out my Bible and began reading Psalm 119 which is my latest reading goal for the next few days...2 minutes later I was asked why I was reading my Bible in the kitchen "hidden" away...That was the end of my time alone... So we went to do Math, French & piano practice... It's such a short time before they are grown and gone and I can workout and read my Bible any time of the day but since I am still young...meditating on Scripture and keeping myself able to be a good wife & mother and have a healthy body are very important right now too. Especially with 4 boys to keep up with all day. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there Sara. I am planning on doing the Jillian Michael's too (a good challenge and to tone myself) but have yet to do so. There seems to be one thing or the other in the way. Now, to get through this week, and maybe I can do the workout. Hang in there. It sucks when we are interupted, but we at least have little ones to interupt us, while others do not.
    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great attitude! More time for yourself will be there before
    you know it. And in the meantime you squeeze in what you can.
    Been there and done it:))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love my boys to bits and would love them better if I got my workout in. On Wednesday night Edward is out for the evening so I'm going to try it in the evening. Since it's only 20minutes and I won't have any interruptions it should be fine. I am so thankful I can have them around at all and even all day. I just wish I sometimes could just be Sara for 20minutes and Mama for the other 23h40minutes. They are still so young and don't really understand how important getting exercise is after 30. :-)

    ReplyDelete