Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Martha & Mary

Two classic examples of a more task-oriented & a people- oriented person. Martha wanted to make sure the food was ready, things were neat & organised and then, maybe then she could relax and learn from her Saviour (Luke 10 verses 38-42). When Lazarus died she couldn't see how Jesus could do anything to bring him back to life while Mary trusted Jesus with her heart (John 11 verses 1-44). Or look even how much Mary loved Jesus (John 12 verse 1-8). I am very much a task-oriented person who often struggles with trying to be more people-oriented and since I am very often surrounded by people-oriented people I want to get things done but often am running around feeling somewhat alone as others are happily together chatting or not worried about the dishes or other chores. I can be a people-oriented person but then I always feel guilty that there must be something I need to get done and am not doing at that time. I get restless or wish that someone else was feeling task-oriented too. How to be more like Mary and still get things done...to be a Martha but not neglect learning more about Christ and just sitting and truly spending time with others & working on relationships? Only Christ had the perfect balance in every way. I have just started reading Faithful Women & Their Extraordinary God by Noël Piper and know I will be learning a great deal & being reminded of many important things about serving God and loving others.

No comments:

Post a Comment