Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

My new favourite store

Since my husband and I love Asian food (while I have a strong preference for Indian & Thai, my husband loves everything Asian) we decided to go check out the new T & T Supermarket in town. ASIANCUISINE It felt like we were transported to a different continent but didn't even have to leave Ottawa. It was amazing! The boys weren't as thrilled but with time it will grow on them (I know). Gorgeous sushi and rice paper wraps..etc.. Edward made a wonderful Green curry for dinner with deep fried tofu and it was delicious. As spicy as I can handle. The boys "panicked" at first but we helped them be brave and by the end of the meal they admitted that they thought it was quite good. They are taught to finish everything on their plate (even something they don't really care for) and to have a "No thank you" helping. They have also become quite sensitive, especially my oldest son, to the fact that whatever they don't finish may have to be thrown out and that would be wasteful of the blessings of food God gives us and that it could have fed another person. Anyway, we had a great time and I am looking forward to going again soon. We'd like to make it our Saturday morning family outing! It didn't have as many Indian ingredients as I'd hoped but I can find those at Loblaws where they now have an Indian foods section. I can easily find all the spices I need for the really neat and tasty recipes I make from my new Curried Favours cookbook. Looking forward to a fun time with cousins on the 24th where we might be having an Indian dinner together.

2 comments:

  1. We still have to do the sushi and sake for the guys one day... hahaha!!. Maybe un Jan.
    Love you,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad our kids aren't old enough to babysit themselves and we could all just go out. Hmm...a house FULL of boys! Oh boy...:-) We'll have to think of something!

    ReplyDelete