Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

French & Piano begin officially...

Today the boys started piano lessons and "official" French lessons (we've done quite a bit before but this was more structured)! The piano lessons went great. The boys love having Mrs. N. as a piano teacher! They each did a 30min. lesson with her. The French lesson (that we actually did first) made me remember why it's so nice to homeschool boys. I had my oldest son who is 7, then an almost 6 year old then my 5 year old and a 4 year old and they were so hyper and wiggly that I made sure I kept things hopping for the whole 45 minutes. I know they were just excited about being with their friends and doing something new but that was only 4 boys who needed to move and be active and I can only imagine how much they would not have liked to be confined to a desk for more than 45 minutes. Most of us grown ups get really wiggly in church if it's longer than an hour.☺ We did songs, oral conversation, colours, numbers,and I read them two stories...tout en français! It was fun but boy am I glad I had prepared quite a few things to keep them focused and learning! We're at it again next Tuesday morning but at the N. family's home.

1 comment: