Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Call the Sabbath a Delight...(see here)

I think this will be the next book I'll read. When I was growing up stores were still closed on Sundays, we never went shopping or rarely to the restaurant with family or friends (only if we were travelling for several days and needed to buy food and even then we usually made sure we got it on the Saturday). We were allowed to invite friends over but it was definitely a day set apart for church, fellowship and family time. It seems that so much has changed around me over the years...

2 comments:

  1. I might have to read it... I need much teaching on the subject, since I did not grew up with it, is hard to know how to celebrate it. thanks for the book idea.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pastor wrote a 2 part speech on the subject and gave me a copy of it. I'll ask him if I could share it with you.☺

    ReplyDelete