Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Charlotte Mason-style morning!

Looking at the forecast for the day and the rest of the week & weekend, I knew we had to get out today. Today, sunny with a high of 13oC, Friday-Sunday, rain. M. got his reading program work done and then we put aside J.'s work for the morning and got our things together to go to Andrew Haydon Park. Great time to go! The river was still frozen, the Canada geese were everywhere and so were the sea gulls and Mallard ducks! The boys heads were spinning! A perfect Charlotte Mason style Nature outing (minus the huge playground and people smoking). The playground was the "reward" for the exploring. I let the boys explore and ask questions and discover things. I wasn't sure where there would be nests so I didn't want us to get to close to the birds or edge of the river. Still wish I had a better lense on my camera. In a few years, I'll get a better camera! What a great morning! The boys were happy and, tired from all the fresh air & teaching their mother put them through! Lunch and then an afternoon of French, History & reading! We're actually reading "A Little Princess" together and J. is especially enjoying the writing style! I can't believe it's also my first time reading it! I've seen it numerous times on book lists so I had to take a peek! I did read ahead and ...what a great book! How could I have missed reading that book growing up and to think the girl's name is without an "h" at the end like mine! I've never met anyone yet who's name is spelled that way too! ☺

2 comments:

  1. just go to Mexico... everybody is spelled without the "H" at the end. Hope to see you soon. Let me know if you are coming!.
    Love you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I think you're so awesome!

    ReplyDelete