Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
La simplicité et la sérénité!
Over the last few years, my husband and I have a found so much joy when we live and focus on the simple (not all little) things. I do mean joy and not happiness (yes, C.S. Lewis' definition of joy). Here are some things we have really noticed (no particular order) and wish to live out more and more and have become important to us in our lives and hopefully also with our children as they get older.
*Quality is better than quantity (even chocolate)
*Less, not more (clutter)
*Be thankful in all things
*Be kind to others, don't just think of doing or saying something nice
*Eat less and eat healthy
*Green tea is most often better than coffee (your body will "thank you", I can promise)
*Sleep/Rest is essential
*Pray more, talk less
*Give more, take less
*Sing out loud (not loudly, good lyrics & good music)
*Walk/Stretch/Breathe
*Smile & think positive
*Trying new things and practicing the familiar...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Quality is better than quantity"- especially with chocolate! :)
ReplyDeleteLOL! I was really referring more to clothes, furniture, toys, books, music, pretty much everything, but chocolate is quite high up there,very high up there, when it's the cheapest item of the expensive list!☺
ReplyDelete