Being Joyful as I daily seek to journey with joy carried by LOVE. A blog about myself and my family. The name of my blog is a combination of my middle name and a nickname my Oma gave me years ago.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Perfect family

So I took my 4 boys to the zoo the other day while my husband was at work. It took us about 50 minutes to get there. I thought it would be fun since there is a lot of grass to run around in and it was a cloudy day so the animals would be more active. To make a long story short, when we got there, the place was full of mud and a lot of pretty deep puddles. Our feet, sandals, pants and somehow our shirts were muddy by the end of the visit. Many of the animals were taking naps (scheduled?) so we didn't get to see several of them. It got really hot quite suddenly and we got headaches from it.
On the way home tired, dirty, a throbbing head and a little disappointed I though my day was finally over. As I thought that on the 3 lane highway home with lots of traffic, especially trucks, from the back my oldest son suddenly lost his lunch and afternoon snack all over the back seat and himself...

Thankfully this great shot taken by one of the zoo employees hides the details of our day out together.

2 comments:

  1. ha ha ha ha!!! really funny!!.. Those are the days that create great memories and laughs later on in life... I'm sure the boys had fun in the mud puddles. Which zoo did you go to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Papanack Zoo in Wendover (past Orleans. Hey, that was supposed to be a really sad story! :-) (Kidding)

    ReplyDelete